For those who are looking to up the skincare regime, we have a secret that’s sweeping the nation. You guessed it – Blue tansy oil! As noted in the title, the extract has a cobalt shade with a look that’s as deep as the ocean. Spanning from North Africa and the Mediterranean, this comes from the yellow flower scientifically named Tanacetum Annuum. An essential to your bathroom cabinet, this ingredient is well known for its anti-inflammatory and rejuvenating qualities. If you are looking to try something new, Blue tansy is your guy. For all you skincare gurus, we’re going to be diving deep into the profile of Blue Tansy Oil, its history, benefits, and uses. Let’s get started!
What is an Essential Extract?
Essential extracts spur from organic sources like flowers, bark, seeds, and roots. As it has a strong potency, this is toxic to topically apply alone and therefore needs to pair with carrier extract to work wonders. These naturally occurring ingredients offer a variety of advantages including deep relaxation, for beauty, and so much more. There are dozens upon dozens of different examples of essential extracts including bergamot, patchouli, and as the focus of this article, blue tansy oil which is highly known for its skin rejuvenating and mood uplifting qualities.
These essential extracts are nothing without carrier extracts which help to reduce the overall strength of the essential extract. A notable quality is their fragrance, which is heightened from the natural source that’s why essential extracts like blue tansy oil work in marriage with other carrier extracts. Examples of carrier extracts include jojoba, sweet almond, and coconut extract which have a more neutral scent. Essential extracts provide a range of purposes such as aromatherapy, massage, beauty, and a whole lot more. As a result, there are so many products in the skincare, haircare, and other beauty industries with these ingredients. Down below we’re going to learn all about blue tansy oil and its wondrous powers.
What is Blue Tansy Oil?
Blue Tansy Oil is the extract spanning from the floret, leaves, and stalks of its plant Tanaceutum Annum and is produced through steam distillation. Otherwise known as the “Moroccan Tansy”, it is heavily populated on the Moroccan Coast and even spotted in particular areas of Europe. Best growing conditions include soil that’s sandy and little sun exposure. This plant is known for its cerulean colour and floral fragrance. Although the extract itself is blue it has vibrant flowers in a yellow shade. The reason for this is that blue tansy oil includes chamazulene which has an intense cobalt shading and is known for its antioxidant properties. The extract poses a variety of benefits and uses such as aromatherapy, beauty, and so much more. It is especially ideal for its skin rejuvenating advantages. As it includes a variety of essential ingredients including a-terpineol, b-pinene, eucalyptol, and so much more. With its endless list of advantages, essential ingredients, and uses, you can see here why Blue Tansy Oil is the perfect addition to your self-care moments.
What are the Benefits of Blue Tansy Oil?
One of the most wondrous benefits of blue tansy oil is that it has been made evident to improve an impaired skin barrier due to its high amounts of camphor. As it contains chamazulene, it poses a variety of antioxidant properties. In one study, they had concluded that camphor can help aid wounds, sun damage, and wrinkling. While blue tansy oil may pose some skincare benefits it is highly important to do a patch test prior to use in order to ward off a reaction.
As noted in the last section, blue tansy oil is highly soothing for the skin providing relief for an inflamed and red barrier. When applied, it offers a cooling reaction keeping the user feeling relaxed and at ease. This makes it perfect for a rejuvenating massage, great for uplifting mood and energy. Simply drop a small amount of the extract, relax, and breathe as deeply as possible. Like other essential extracts, blue tansy oil works on the nervous system to ultimately soothe the body. By adding to your diffuser, you can find yourself in a calmer and tranquil position than before. In a moment of stress, simply whip this out for a meditative and centred experience.
Blue Tansy Oil is remembered for its sweet floral fragrant notes and herbal aroma. This is because of its high concentration of camphor. Because of its memorable scent, it can be the perfect addition to a perfume remedy. Its scent will calm you down after a long day, making it the perfect relaxing aroma to come home to. The smell is known to be also used as a bug repellant, warding off pests and insects just like mosquitoes from affecting your skin. As a result, you can even use blue tansy oil for a variety of bug sprays, making it perfect for camping trips and other outdoor events.
- ½ a cup of Jojoba Extract
- 6-8 drops of Blue Tansy Oil
- 6-8 drops of Lavender Extract
- 6-8 drops of Frankincense Extract
- 1 oz. dropper bottle
- Place the Blue Tansy Oil, Lavender, and Frankincense Extracts to the bottle.
- Fill the rest with jojoba oil, having just enough space for the dropper to be placed right back into the bottle.
- Pop on the cap and shake for a thorough mix.
- You can now add it to your skin care routine with your moisturiser and cleanser.
- 5-6 drops of Helichrysum Italicum Extract
- 3-4 drops of Blue Tansy Oil
- 2 teaspoons of Coconut Extract
- 1 teaspoon of Vitamin E Extract
- Heat up the coconut extract using the double boiling method. To do this, simply boil water in a pot and when it’s at the boiling point place a bowl of the coconut extract on top to melt.
- Once melted, add in the blue tansy oil and the other ingredients.
- Combine thoroughly mixing with a spoon or stirrer until it’s at a good consistency.
- Now you can use it in your massage routine. It is recommended to place a towel on your bed before doing the treatment.
- Work your way through the body, massaging all the areas with the most tension. This recipe is perfect for alleviating muscle tension.
- Glass Measuring Cup (1 Litre)
- Silicon Massage Soap Mold
- Rubbing Alcohol Spray
- 2 pound of Goat’s Milk Soap Base
- 10-12 drops of Blue Tansy Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Lavender Extract
- Slice the soap block with a knife into tiny pieces. This will speed up the melting process.
- Pop all the soap that’s been cut into a measuring cup glass.
- Add all the soap into a pot of boiling water. Make sure it’s been settled down as rapid boiling water can cause damage to your skin if spilt.
- Mix every now and then up until the whole soap base is fully melted without any solid parts. The time for this usually is roughly 12-15 minutes long.
- After it has melted, remove it from the stove and be sure to use a mitten as it could cause burns without a glove.
- Place blue tansy oil for a cobalt appearance and the rest of the other ingredients and mix.
- Pop all the mixture into soap moulds until filled.
- Spray rubbing alcohol spray onto the moulds to keep it solid for use.
- Cool the soap for at least 3 hours and once solidified you can pop it out from the silicone mould.
- You can now use it in the bathroom for all your washing.