These days, the number of people who play safe online casino games is immense. However, many of those that are new to this hobby, and ones that have yet to try it wonder often – is online gambling safe, or how secure is the process of sharing personal information with interactive gaming operators?
Know that there is nothing dangerous about testing your luck online if you take the precautions necessary to ensure that you are in good hands and do everything in your power not to become vulnerable to identity theft. The first involves you only using trusted and reliable online casinos, while the latter requires following a set of simple guidelines outlined in this article.
Is It Safe To Gamble Online?
As explained in the introduction, yes, if you take the proper provisions/steps, there is nothing to worry about when you pop open your desktop or mobile browser to check and see if good fortune is smiling upon you.
To concisely reassure you of this, we will swiftly provide the answers to these common three online gambling inquiries:
How Do You Know If an Online Casino Is Safe?
You figure this out by checking if it has an adequate gaming license. The most secure online casinos will have one from a respected regulator like the MGA, Panama’s Gaming Control Board, or one of the four Curacao master license holders.
Do Online Casinos Get Hacked?
They use state-of-the-art technology, which guarantees to fend off any possible theft or severe attack. That includes the implementation of SSL encryption, login monitoring, and advanced firewalls.
Safest Payment Methods for Online Gambling?
As a rule of thumb, credit cards are the safest transaction method at gambling sites concerning fiat money. Cryptos are super secure, but all coin-based transfers are final, so if you enter the wrong wallet address, wave your money bye-bye.
Five Tips to Stay Safe While Online Gambling
How do you stay safe online gambling? You do so by following these five pieces of advice:
- Only Play at Sites That Have SSL Encryption – We touched on this technology in the previous subheading. It is a data ciphering method that wraps transmitted information in an uncrackable cover, which only parties with the appropriate key can unwrap. Egyptian cryptographer Taher Elgamal drove the development of the SSL protocol.
- Create a Strong Password – Today, it is vital to have a password that is twelve characters long and mixes letters, numbers, and special symbols. Aim for random character placement, and don’t use memorable keyboard paths.
- Enable 2FA – Virtually all online casinos now allow two-factor authentication. It is a paramount bit of web security as it instantly neutralizes the risks associated with compromised passwords.
- Don’t Use Public Wi-Fi – Public Wi-Fi networks can get monitored by nefarious parties who can intercept the information transmitted over them.
- Install Anti-Malware Software – Despite overall improved internet security, keyloggers, Trojans, and various spyware are still a massive problem with World Wide Web use, leading to thousands of people losing data and money each month. Hence, installing anti-malware software on your gaming device is still a necessity.
Safest Online Casinos for US Players
The answer to – what are the safest online casinos to play at right now, gets revealed in these three bulleted points:
- BetUS – Here’s a highly popular sportsbook that many gamblers don’t know has a gaming section. If anyone out there needs reassurance concerning – are online casinos safe. All they need to do is check BetUS out. It is a robust gambling platform that supplies a welcome promotion that gives away $3,000 in bonus cash. The deal’s associated promo code is CAS150 and boasts a 50x wagering requirement.
- El Royale Casino – El Royale is a novel site that hit the internet in early-220. It features a game library of more than one-hundred-and-fifty games and greets new players with a sign-up deal that can provide up to $12,500 in free-play funds. It features multiple promo codes, but the one necessary to get started with this deal is TRUEROYAL.
- BetOnline – Again, another sportsbook that is also an online casino. Founded in 2001, BetOnline is a terrific gaming hub with a tremendous lineup of 3D slots from Betsoft and live tables from Fresh Deck Studios. Its sign-up offer is similar to the BetUS one, as it also gives away $3,000 in promo cash through a 100% deposit match with the BOLCASINO code attached.
So, to sum up. Is it safe to play online casinos? Absolutely. All you need to do is pick a site notable for adhering to this industry’s security standards. Then you have to install anti-malware software and enable 2FA inside your casino’s profile page.
Creating a complex password upon registration and only using trusted networks are also mandatory steps you must follow.
About the Author
Shelly Schiff has been working in the gambling industry since 2009, mainly on the digital side of things, employed by Safest Betting Sites. However, Shelly has provided content for many other top interactive gaming websites over her eleven-year career. She knows all there is to know about slots and has in-depth knowledge of the most popular table games. Her golden retriever Garry occupies most of her leisure time. Though, when she can, she loves reading Jim Thompson-like crime novels.