People with oily skin become quite choosy when it comes to skincare products. And why not! A little extra shiny product can make their skin look all greasy. To prevent that from happening, they do their homework and find the ideal product. In this case, it is the face serum.
A face serum is the hardest working skincare product that nourishes the skin with highly potent ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, salicylic acid, vitamin C, etc. Just like other skin types, oily skin also needs these ingredients. But there is a catch here. A face serum for oily skin should never leave oil residue or it will ruin the looks.
So, let’s find out the best serums that provide all the benefits of a regular serum without leaving an ounce of excess oil. But before we jump straight to naming the best serums by Mamaearth, let’s first learn the art of finding a good face serum.
How Do We Know Which Serum Is Good?
Our skincare products reviewers have a list of criteria that checks if a face serum for oily skin is a Yay or Nay. Look at that criteria list:
- List of Ingredients: This might sound a little too obvious, but you will be astonished to know how many people buy skincare products without checking the ingredients’ names first. So, before you buy a face serum for oily skin, check its label or the product-description page
Extra Tip: If you do not recognize the name of any ingredient, you can quickly search it on the internet. You will know the usability and potential side effects of that ingredient in a few seconds.
- Skin Problems: You can have a serum that addresses special skin problems like dark spots or aging signs. These special use-case serums are more effective in treating one problem while helping a little with other problems too. If you manage to find an ideal serum, it can help you treat a special skin problem and will also give your bonus benefits effectively.
- Safe Or Shady: A reliable, high-quality serum will be dermatologically tested and approved by safety-checking agencies like the FDA and MadeSafe. If a serum does not have any of these features, you are probably better off without it.
- The Ethical Side: A face serum for oily skin might be effective in rejuvenating the skin, but would you still want it if it was tested on the skin of animals first? Or the manufacturer brand is producing too much plastic or pollution during its manufacturing process? If not, then you must look for keywords “cruelty-free” and “PETA certified” on the label before buying the serum.
- Price: Keep patience while hunting for the best face serum for oily skin and you surely find one that is both effective and budget-friendly. Yes, it is easier to find quality products when you do not have budget constraints but that does mean that a high-quality serum cannot be budget-friendly.
Top Recommended Face Serums: The Best From The Rest
If you apply the above-mentioned criteria list on the face serums available in the market, you will end up with a shortlist of high-quality serums. And that list will probably be like the one prepared by skincare experts and influencers.
Need a shortcut? Here is the list of top recommended face serums that have all the above-mentioned features, plus a lot more.
1. Skin Illuminate Face Serum With Vitamin C and Turmeric
Filled with the goodness of proven ingredients such as Vitamin C, Nymphaea Alba Flower Extract, Turmeric, and Squalane, this face serum for oily skin by Mamaearth is a must-have in every skincare regimen. While the focus of the serum is on giving your face a radiant glow, it also helps in making the skin firm and reducing fine lines.
You should buy this serum if:
- Your skin is getting dull lately
- You have acne spots, dark spots, or both
- You are showing signs of premature aging
- Your face skin is sagging
2. Skin Correct Face Serum with Niacinamide and Ginger Extract
Acne spots are a concern for everyone. But they become even more problematic for people with oily skin since they cannot use most makeup products to hide the spots. That is exactly where Mamaearth Skin Correct Face Serum comes into play. Its unique formulation clears acne spots, shrinks enlarged pores, and ameliorates your skin’s texture.
Inside the bottle of this face serum for oily skin, you would find a blend of highly potent ingredients such as Glycerin, Zinc PCA, Ginger Extract, Niacinamide, and so on. Instead of just hiding the spots, these ingredients treat the root cause of the problem by stopping collagen degradation and invigorating melanin production.
You should buy this serum if:
- Your skin has stubborn acne marks and scars
- Your skin pores are getting enlarged
- You want to reduce pigmentation
3. Ten Percent Vitamin C Essence Serum with Vitamin C and Gotu Kola
Zero percent toxic chemicals, 10% vitamin C, and 90% Gotu Kola Oil, Niacinamide, and other efficacious ingredients – this is what Mamaearth’s essence serum is made of.
The focus of this face serum for oily skin is on promoting healthy skin radiance. The serum illuminates your skin without making it look greasy. Along with that, it also helps you in fighting sun damage and reducing pigmentation.
You should buy this serum if:
- Your skin is losing its radiance
- Your skin has an uneven tone
- You want a face serum that can also give you sun protection
Tips To Use A Face Serum
Want to get the most of your face serum? Use the following tips:
- If you have sensitive skin, you should always do a patch test before applying a new face serum.
- Store the face serum in a cool place to extend its shelf life.
- When following your skincare routine, wait for 1-2 minutes after applying the serum and then move on to the next product. It will give your skin enough time to fully absorb the serum.
- On a regular day, you can use a face serum twice. First in the morning and second in the night.
Now you know it all about serums! It is time to get one and woo everyone with glowing, flawless skin. Remember to use it twice a day after you have washed your face with a good-quality facewash.