Are you thinking about hiring a professional video editing company for your video projects? Here are five vital questions that you must consider before considering a company for your business.
- What characteristics distinguish an excellent video editing company?
- What to look for in a video editing company?
- What to discuss with the video editing company?
- What is your budget?
- How long will it take to complete your project?
And here are six questions that you must ask from the video editing company before hiring them.
- What edit do you perform the most?
- What editing software do you use?
- What operating system do you work on?
- How many revisions do you entertain?
- What platforms do you use for reviews?
- What are your payment requirements & methods?
So without any delay, let’s jump right into it!
Questions You Should Keep In Mind While Hunting a Video Editing Company
Choosing a video editing company is undoubtedly a challenging task, but filtering the best among hundreds of choices is way more complicated. Must consider the following questions during the hunt.
1. What characteristics distinguish an excellent video editing company?
To begin your search for the best video editing company should always start with the question of what elements make a video editing company the best.
There are a few characteristics that a video editing studio must have:
- Creativity: The company should put creativity in their video projects.
- Uniqueness: The company should always create original projects and abstain from duplication.
- Customization: The company should personalize your project according to your requirements and not use free or online templates.
- Story: The company should create videos that synchronize with their story and resonate with the video objectives.
- Portfolio: The company should have a compilation or a separate portfolio to feature its work.
- Listen: The company should be good at taking and discussing requirements.
- Quality delivery: The company should deliver what it promises.
2. What to look for in a video editing company?
It’s also vital to evaluate what you’re looking for in a video editing company. You must sync your goals with the company’s characteristics to know at what level you both are on the same page.
Three things that you must ask a video editing company during the evaluation:
- Ask for the showreel to see what quality they provide.
- Ask the role they have played while creating this project.
- Ask for sample videos to know what variation do they have to offer.
Video editing includes linear editing, motion graphics, animation, sound mixing, color correction, clip transition, and video polishing. So it’s crucial to understand what the studio is actually capable of and what you would get if you hire them for your business.
In addition to their general style, you should look for good sound quality, smooth transitions, and high-quality graphics in their work.
Also, if your videos require graphics or animation, be sure they can show you examples of videos they have developed or animated. It’s also crucial that you admire and agree with their sense of style.
3. What to discuss with the video editing company?
Before reaching out to a video editing company, make a list of things or requirements you want to discuss. Make sure you talk about the process, the elements you want to add, the reason for creating/editing the video, and the deadline.
You can also ask how often they will going to update you about the project status and ask to keep you in the loop throughout the production.
It’s important to remember that you get what you pay for. So please pay attention to their estimates for how long the task will take, and make sure your scope of work includes at least two rounds of adjustments or alterations.
4. What is your budget?
The most important thing is your budget. You should evaluate this first before reaching out to a company.
Must keep the margin of $1000 so that if your editing costs you a little high, your pocket must be full. Once you know how much you or your business can afford, picking a video editing company will automatically become a lot easier.
5. How long will it take to complete your project?
The duration of the production depends on the technicality of the project and the requirement that you have proposed.
But if we do a rough estimate, a short two-minute live-action video with graphics and subtitles usually takes around two to four hours to edit, depending on the type of video you want to make and the size of the project.
The estimated project time also includes the final video reviews at the end of the production by the video editing company.
It also requires time to hand over other assets, such as logos, images, graphic elements, music, and more.
Questions You Should Ask While Hiring A Video Editing Company
After getting the answers to the questions that are in your head. It’s time to ask some other questions out loud. Let’s check them out.
1. What edit do you perform the most?
Inquiring about a company’s and its team’s favorite ways to edit might reveal a lot about them and whether they will be a suitable fit for your video project.
In addition, this inquiry should assist you in figuring out if the company’s “complicated” aspect aligns with the vision and message of your project.
For example, suppose you need assistance with a story-driven documentary but these editors specialize in fast-paced animation editing. In that case, you may find that the company is not the right choice for you and your video.
2. What editing software do you use?
Whether you look at the movie or video industry, every editor has a favorite editing tool or software that he admires to use or is familiar with.
If you have been editing your video on some specific software, then you should look for an editing studio that uses the same tool for editing.
On the other hand, a video editing agency is likely to have access to various software to assist you in achieving your video and business objectives.
3. What operating system do you work on?
The use of computers is essential in the video editing process. There are mainly two operating systems frequently used by editors: Mac iOS and Windows. Linux is a quite challenging operating system among all.
You need to ask the company what operating system they prefer to work on because it sometimes affects editing hours and deadlines. So let’s take a look.
- If they say they work on Windows, then it is pretty obvious to get a minor delay due to regular updates and installation, but mainly it is the safest and easiest operating system to work on.
- If they say Mac iOS, it has a 50-50 chance to complete the project on time, but if the preferred software is unavailable or unsupportive to iOS, there is a chance of latency or project cancellation.
So, choose wisely!
4. How many revisions do you entertain?
During the revision phase, editing companies will collaborate closely with your company to make minor and major modifications to their work and allow some defined numbers of revisions.
When clients request adjustments, the editing company is responsible for implementing such changes and providing an updated video version that matches the proposed changes.
Hiring an editing team that takes a systematic approach to revisions can make life easier for everyone connected with the project.
5. What platforms do you use for reviews?
Knowing what the company’s clients think about their work should be the practice of every new client. It helps them understand what they will be going to get after investing their money, trust, and project.
And the clients must be able to review the companies they have worked with to appreciate the excellent work or reveal the frauds to make the company choosing journey easy for the rest.
Before collaborating with any company, either video production, animation, or editing company, one must look for the reviews on the various review platforms.
If you are successfully able to find out reviews about the company, you are lucky, but if you cannot find your hired company, don’t ever take the risk of collaboration.
6. What are your payment requirements & methods?
It is a frequently asked question in every industry – how much do you charge, and your company’s payment medium.
You must understand how an editing company expects to be paid. In some situations, editing companies will require a deposit upfront, with the balance due once the final deliverable movie or videos have been completed. In other circumstances, all associated fees must be paid in advance.
It would help if you also ensured that the company you select is within your budget. Before beginning the project, you should feel comfortable discussing your budget with the film production team.
The Editor’s Choice
There are so many video production and editing companies that you can look up to, but not everyone is reliable. I have collected 16 best video editing companies that you can hire eyes closed for your project.
But if you ask for the best in the business, you will always hear the name “BuzzFlick”. It is a New York-based video animation, and editing company specialized in the creation, alteration, and modification of every video type.
You can always count on BuzzFlick and its creative team, which has worked with numerous companies. If you have any queries about video editing, feel free to contact BuzzFlick!