Have you spent a huge amount of money purchasing a product that came out defective or harmful and caused a severe injury? Indeed, defective or dangerous products like electrical machines that lack proper wiring can give electric shocks to the buyer, defective car components that cause improper handling, result in accidents or other dangerous and unsafe products for kids that do not mention any warning on their packaging.
According to the Statistics of Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) in the US, Product liability cases are on the second-highest list that causes damage to the customer. Therefore it’s crucial to raise a voice against this illegal act. If you have confronted the damaged product or product that caused harm to you or your family then you should make a complaint against that company. And most importantly take the help of the West Palm Beach FL Personal Injury Lawyer. Your lawyer will hold them accountable for manufacturing the poor quality and hazardous product.
Some Product Liability Cases That Have Affected The Lives Of People Are
Many cases have been reported related to the product liability, here are a few of them
- Hazardous toys cause injuries to children and the main problem was that warning signs were not mentioned on them
- Bad quality machinery like poor laptop batteries increases the risk of overheating and causes fire blasts
- Defective car parts cause a severe accident
- Electrical products like electronic cribs gave electric shocks that result in the death of a child or electrical blankets result in overheating and burning the customer
- Low formulated pills or syrups, for example, the birth control tablet affect the lives of young ladies, their blood starts to clot then leads to death or something wrongly gets added to the pills or syrup formula, and the whole batch of medicine causes a bad reaction in the patients.
- Unhygienic products, for example, insects into the juice or cold drink bottle, an unhygienic atmosphere at the place of manufacturing or selling of products after the expiry date.
And the list goes on. All these issues can badly damage the consumer. There can be many similar cases in day to day life, you can report if you get a bad effect.
Who Is Legally Responsible For Defective Products?
Behind a perfect product, there is the involvement of many business organisations and the struggle of many folks that make long chains. Like
Some investors invest their money, there are some designers who design the product, manufacturers are the technicians of the products, while retailers or sellers deliver the product into the market and finally, the product reaches the consumer.
Negligence of a single person will result in a defective or harmful product. Even minor defects can affect the customers badly. Let’s suppose if a single wire is left behind and not covered properly it can cause an electrical current.
Though, all the people who belong to the product can be held accountable such as
- Manufacturers of products, usually different components or parts, are manufactured by different companies.
- The party that assembles the products
- The wholesalers and the retailers.
How Personal Injury Lawyers Can With You With A Product Liability Claim?
Product liability cases come under the personal injury law and personal injury lawyers are experienced to deal with designers, manufacturers, retailers and distributors. They are experts in claiming against several responsible business owners, companies and organizations.
Product liability cases are complex enough to be handled. Your lawyer can help you with multiple claims, for instance
- If the defective product does not contain warning labels and if you get injured, your lawyer will help you and also claim the warranty right.
- If you are the only one who gets injured and there is no other complaint about the product, your lawyer can help you prove your claim.
- If there are many complaints then your lawyer can handle the case with class-action.
- If you are claiming against any company or manufacturer for a defective design, your lawyer will collect the evidence and come in contact with the experts to prove if there are any errors in manufacturing or not and record their testimony.
Your lawyer will defend you against the defendants and get you compensation for your damage.
The Bottom Lines
Truth is that some companies do play with their customer’s loyalty, they decrease the costs of products and provide destructive materials or they charge high prices and provide low-quality products and this is how they make money.
If you or any of your family members have gone through a product liability circumstance then it’s your responsibility to take action against the deception and file a lawsuit against that company. This is how you can save others as well from harm.
No doubt, these bigger companies have contacts with massive organizations and they can fight back against you and deny the claims. So it’s worth hiring a West Palm Beach FL Personal Injury Lawyer who will defend your lawsuit and struggle to get you the good compensation that you deserve.