Spray drying is the liquid-forming technology and the most widely used technology in the drying industry. Ex: solution, emulsion, suspension, and pump able paste. Therefore, spray drying is one of the most sought-after technologies when the particle size and distribution of final products, residual water content, particle density and shape must be exactly by the standards.
It enters the air plenum at the top of the dryer. Hot air enters the dryer spirally and evenly. The liquid material passing through the high-speed centrifugal spray dryer at the top of the tower rotates and is atomized into extremely fine liquid droplets. Finished products are continuously discharged from the bottom of the drying tower and cyclones. Residual gas is vented from the fan.
Functions of High-Speed Centrifugal Spray Dryer:
Liquid supply, air filtration and heating, liquid atomization, drying chamber, air exhaust and material collection, control system, etc. High-speed centrifugal spray dryer Consists of components. The function of each system is as follows:
- The liquid supply system consists of a liquid tank, magnetic filter, pump, etc., to ensure that the liquid enters the atomizer smoothly.
- Air filter system and heating system
Fresh air must pass through the pre-filter and post-filter before entering the heater, then enter the heater for heating; as for the heating method, an electric steam heater, a gas oven, etc., A. Which method to choose depends on the customer site? To ensure that the dryer enters the high-speed centrifugal dryer, the heated air must pass through the high-performance filter before entering the drying chamber.
It consists of a high-speed centrifugal atomizer with the powder of the high-speed centrifugal atomizer is between 40 and 120 microns. It is essential to know the spray dryer price so that you would be able to decide what to install.
Drying Chamber System:
It consists of a drying chamber, spiral enclosure, hot air distributor, main tower and related accessories.
Spiral Case and Hot Air Diffuser:
The spiral case and hot air diffuser in the air inlet at the top of the tower can regulate the rotation angle of the airflow according to certain conditions, control the airflow effectively inside the tower and avoid materials. Stick to the wall. In the middle is the position where the atomizer will be mounted.
The inner wall is a SUS mirror plate welded by arc welding. The insulation is rock wool. The tower has a manhole and a door to facilitate the cleaning and maintenance of the tower. For the cross-sectional interface of the tower body, the pipe elbow is a spring-loaded push design, reducing the dead angle; sealed type. The main tower is equipped with a blow-controlled air hammer, which will hit the main drying tower in time to prevent the powder from sticking to the wall.
Air Evacuation and Product Recovery System:
There are several types of the material collection system. Cyclone + bag filter, bag filter, cyclone + water scrubber etc. The method depends on the properties of the material. On request, we have a filter for the exhaust air filter system.
Each parameter can be easily checked and saved.
Functions of Centrifugal Spray Dryer:
- The surface area of the material is greatly increased when the material’s liquid is atomized. In a hot air current, 95 to 98% of the water may never evaporate.
- The complete drying time is only a few seconds. It is particularly suitable for drying heat-sensitive materials.
- Its final products have good homogeneity, fluidity and solubility. And the final products are of high purity and good quality.
- The production procedures are simple, and the operation and control are simple. Liquid with a moisture content of 40-60% (with special materials, the content can reach 90%).
- You can dry powder or particle products from time to time.
- The spray drying unit is a kind of centrifugal atomizer with centrifugal and pressure types.
- It can atomize solution, suspension liquid, emulsion and suspension into small liquid droplets (increased surface area) through hot air to dry quickly (within seconds to tens of seconds), thus directly obtaining products.
- The raw material is ejected and atomized by the role of centrifugal force on the rotary table (90-160 – m/s peripheral speed) from the edge of the plate; the whole system adopts air circulation and hot drying.