It’s no secret that the internet has quickly grown from a small group of hobbyists and computer enthusiasts to one of the most popular mediums for day-to-day activities. It’s become a place for communication, commerce, and entertainment, as well as being a source of education, news, and information.
Today we live in an era where the internet is an integral part of our lives and business—and while this may be exciting to many people, it can also be overwhelming to those who are new to web design.
To help new website designers navigate this world of technical requirements and general web design tips—without having to go through hours of training in Photoshop and HTML—we’ve put together this comprehensive guide that covers all aspects related to website designing.
This guide will help you understand the basic elements required for creating a functional website: colors, shapes, and fonts; layout; how websites are structured; what goes into making an attractive website; how websites work with search engines; how social media works on websites; advertising basics—and much more!
Know the Target Audience
For cryptocurrency exchanges, it’s important to know your target audience. When you’re thinking about what the users will provide you with in exchange for the product or service you provide, consider these factors:
- Give a sense of ease and familiarity. A user should be able to jump into your website without having to be an expert in cryptocurrency trading. Ideally, they’ll have experience with something similar and can get started within a few minutes of logging in.
- A large variety of options. User-friendly exchanges offer a wide range of features that enable users to monitor cryptocurrency prices, their existing portfolio, buy and sell cryptocurrencies, deposit funds, and withdrawals, get notifications when new tokens are available for purchase, look up information on financials, etc.
- Provide key statistics that are easy to understand. Having an area where users can track trade history helps them visualize how they’re doing financially. It also shows them when they need to take additional steps to improve their situation (like making sure their trading activity is always profitable).
When creating a new cryptocurrency exchange site, there are some design elements that you should keep in mind.
- Make the user interface easy to use. One of the keys to successful cryptocurrency trading is making it easy enough for people to get started, but with proper security and privacy settings in place as well. A good example of this can be by having a simple and intuitive interface. You can easily navigate it with just your mouse or trackpad, or type in your address if you prefer not to use your computer’s touchpad.
- Make the user interface intuitive. When designing an exchange site, you want people to be comfortable with their experience while they’re on it so that they don’t feel like they’re learning something when they first start using it. This means making it easy for beginners; which is a demographic that you want to attract; to understand what each feature does without having them read lengthy instruction text, or have to click on a lot of links until they get there. The easiest way for this is by staying consistent with your branding and color scheme throughout your entire website (you’ll learn more about this below).
- Make sure all buttons are clearly labeled and independently accessible from each other so that users don’t accidentally press the wrong one because their attention gets distracted (or just not paying attention). For example, when doing a transaction on an exchange website, all of these things should take place in quick succession:
1) You make sure that funds are available
2) You click “sell”
3) You confirm the transaction
4) You wait until the transaction has been processed
5) Then you withdraw/deposit
6) Then you confirm whether/when your payment has arrived at its destination
7) If there’s an issue with one of these steps, you contact customer support
8) Finally, you fill out another form so that next time will go faster
Great! With the outline of your website complete, you’re ready to begin the design phase. It’s important that you don’t overlook this part; a strong design can bring a website from drab to fab in no time at all.
Here are some words of wisdom for you as you embark on designing your cryptocurrency exchange website:
- Stick to what users already know
One of the biggest mistakes new designers make is thinking they need to create something “cool” or “new.” The reality is, if people don’t understand it, they won’t use it. A good designer understands that users will use a site or app when they can easily find their way around and are able to accomplish what they intended. They know that a big part of creating an effective site is understanding how people think and making it easy for them to do so.
- Use bold colors as accent pieces
Many web designers believe that sticking with one color throughout a website will make it look classy and professional, but this isn’t always the case. In fact, sometimes using too many dull colors throughout your site will have just the opposite effect—users may feel like something is missing from their visit and leave without taking action (like signing up for an account).
Instead, try using bright accent colors here and there to liven things up visually and keep things interesting for users who spend any significant amount of time on your site discussing finance (which is great!).
Designing a cryptocurrency exchange can be a daunting task, especially given the complexity of the technology. However, it’s important to remember that your website is still a website: you’re designing for people first, with technical considerations as secondary factors. With that in mind, here are some tips to keep in mind while working on your next project.
- Focus on mobile devices. Many cryptocurrency users are likely to visit your site from their mobile phones, so make sure you’re optimizing things accordingly. Take advantage of features like responsive design and retina screens to ensure that you’re giving both desktop and mobile users an optimal experience.
- Target your audience. Your user base is unique. Rather than targeting newbies or experts in cryptocurrency exclusively, try to appeal to both audiences at once. This could mean providing more detailed information for those who’ve never used a cryptocurrency before alongside a smoother experience for those who are more familiar with how things work behind the scenes.
- Design for speed and simplicity above all else (but not at the expense of security). Cryptocurrency does have its fair share of complexities—don’t shy away from them! Instead, use them as an opportunity to demonstrate why trading crypto is worth people’s time and energy rather than something that should be avoided at all costs. Make sure they know they’ll get through your site quickly and easily while still keeping up with industry trends in order to give them confidence that they’ll be able to manage their funds safely when using your exchange platform.
- Aim toward the future instead of making backward-compatible changes along the way. Overall design trends will continue along their upward trajectory as time goes on. So if you focus on evolving alongside them whenever possible, your site will look better each year instead of becoming outdated too quickly or requiring major overhauls every few months, only to stay current.
Make a Great Website Design
What to do: You’ve created a cryptocurrency exchange website. You’re ready to go live, but a single glance at the site reveals that it needs major work. Sure, it may look great now—you spent hours picking out the perfect color scheme and carefully arranging your images—but potential customers aren’t going to know you by how great your design looks. No one wants to risk their money on an ill-designed website, so it’s in your best interest to ensure that yours is as sleek and user-friendly as possible. With these tips and techniques, you’ll be able to create a well-designed cryptocurrency exchange site.